ave / stories / Party Revisited: Lemons' Reprise ch.3

After calming down from many loud moans with no regards to anyone who might have been using the corridor, Catra was lounging on the comfortable Brightmoon sofa in their room, lazily toying with one of Finn's yarnballs, eyes half closed. Adora came out of their walk-in wardrobe, two changes of clothes slung over her shoulder and a short towel around her waist as she was drying her hair with another. Inconspicuously, Catra looked her over, eyes still half-drooped. She was too exhausted to keep going, but she would never tire of looking at Adora. The blonde tossed her hair towel aside and started tying her hair in her usual poof, looking back at her wife and grinning at her, aware that she wasn't hiding much. And neither was Catra, lazily turning to give her a better look.

"Hi Catra."

"Mmm."

"Oh, don't tell me you wanna go again already."

"Mmmmm." Catra made the slightest of efforts to shake her head. Adora walked over, tossing their clothes on the neighboring chair.

"Scooch."

"Mh."

"Scooch or no cuddles."

Reluctantly, Catra scooched aside and made enough room for Adora to sit, groaning all the while but too lazy to complain properly. Adora sat down and caressed Catra's still somewhat moist back a couple times. Catra's back arched a bit further than it should have been possible, just to keep touching that hand as long as possible . . .

"You wanted to talk, kitten?"

"I did?" Not that she didn't, but not now of all times.

"I mean, I thought so? Something seemed to be bothering you when you uh . . . came back without your pants? I wanted to know if everything's all right."

Catra sighed. She really didn't want to talk about it now. But she knew she had to.

"Well, uuuh . . . so way back in the Horde, after you left . . . me and Double Trouble had um . . . a thing."

Adora raised an eyebrow. "A job thing?"

"More like a private thing."

"Friendship."

"With benefits."

Adora nodded with understanding. "They gave you a discount because you were friends, got it."

Catra washed a hand over her face, luckily not leaving any scratches. Despite having grown up with her, it kept surprising her how dense Adora could be.

"We fucked, Adora. We had LOTS of sex. I didn't have any other outlets and they really knew how to push my buttons, okay? And they still do!"

Adora winced back ever so slightly at Catra's slight outburst. The look in her eyes hurt her more than anything anyone could have done to her.

"I . . . I think I'll need a moment to work through that."

Catra crawled into her lap, slowly and carefully, reaching out a shaking hand to caress her face but stopping short. She had to swallow hard before speaking.

"Adora, I . . . we talked about it, I, I thought that . . ." Despite how hard she was trying, Catra's voice was shaking, and at that point it completely broke down, bringing down her facade and her to tears. "I'm sorry . . ."

Adora looked at her wife in her lap, frowning gently in confusion. Catra was surprised when, a moment later, she chuckled and started kissing her tears away.

"Not that, dumbass. Of course I know what we talked about. And to be fair, I've also been . . . working out some things about myself. I don't mind what you do with others, just, take care of yourself, and don't forget about us, mkay?"

Grinning like a dumbass indeed, Catra put her arms around Adora, hugging her close and rubbing her face on her. Of course Adora wouldn't hate her. Not after all they've been through.

"But . . . Double Trouble? Really?"

Catra nodded, still too emotional to talk.

"Why them? I mean, even I could've told you they were going to leave you?"

With the last of her tears drying off, Catra caressed Adora's face, her cute pointy chin, taking in every bit of her. "Because they were the only one who understood how pretty your eyes are . . ."

Adora cringed a little at the notion. "So . . . did they, like . . ." She gestured towards her face, not sure whether she wanted to hear herself say it out loud. Catra nodded with a scrunched nose.

". . . well, that's a thought."

"I was working through some stuff. It got freaky."

"I can imagine." Adora put her hand over Catra's on her cheek, rubbing her knuckles. The other found its way on her hip. "You really wanna go again?"

Catra chuckled, leaning in and pressing their foreheads together. "Honestly, I just wanna cuddle."

"Naked?"

"The best kind of cuddles."

Next chapter